Resume broken/expired file downloads in IDM
IDM [Internet Download Manager], as we all know is one of the most popular download management tools available out there on internet. It’s great, efficient and it boosts your downloading speed by 5 times. The popularity of IDM is really steady and it is very relevant because of the easy to use interface, fast speed and because it provides you the full access to your downloading file, having a full control on its speed, pausing, resuming and scheduling and the power to resume the downloading file after the unexpected errors, power cuts and networks problems is just amazing.
Although, resuming files is a great feature but is not possible in each and every file available on internet as, you may have experienced this before as well. Skillfully, that is not a limitation by IDM but by the websites you download the content. It mostly happens when you download large files, Trying to resume them on IDM is a waste of time it won’t make you reach anywhere.
You guys may be wondering what’s the catch in this article right? Here, in this article I’m gonna show you an awesome method to resume of resume broken/expired file downloads in IDM. Highly Recommended – Reliance Jio Effect – Idea Now Offering Unlimited 4G Data For Just Re. 1.
Steps to resume broken/expired file downloads in IDM –
Suppose, you are downloading a video file and because of some reason you pause it or your network lost the connection and now if you try to resume it, IDM will show a pop-up called “Can’t download the file” and your downloaded file will be vanish and it will ask you to re-download it. If the downloading files is of less Mbs then we did not think much about it but what if it been of Gbs, then you may seriously face a heavy loss.
So, to overcome from this, I have shared the steps you need to follow to resume broken/expired file downloads in IDM.
1. Download any file normally and your file downloading will be start.
2. Now, most of the sites uses temporary link which expire after sometime and if you try to resume the download it will get corrupted.
3. To resume the download, do the step 1 again for the same file but this time you have to copy the download URL. After that, open the IDM and right click on the file which you were downloading [the file which you want to resume] and select properties.
4. Now select the whole file Address and paste the new file URL which you have copied in step 3.
5. Then click on OK and resume the file and your downloading will be resume without any failure.
6. That’s it you are done. You have successfully resumed your corrupted download just by replacing the old file address with new one.