Computers are now become our best friends, we can’t imagine our life without them. Now all of our work is mostly done on or by using the computers. They make your work easy and saves lot of your time. Although there are interesting facts about computer but I’ve picked some of the most bizarre facts about computers, which are funny, interesting, sad at the same time.
A lot of people have a misconception about computers that it’s just for using internet, playing games and watching movies, bit it’s completely wrong, a computer is a device which stores, retrieves, and process data. So here are some most interesting facts about computers you never know. Highly Recommended – How to use Android Phone as a Wireless Speaker for PC.
Below I’ve shared interesting facts about computers you never know.
Interesting facts about computers –
1. An average person eye blinks 20 times a minute but while using a computer it only blinks 7 times a minute.
2. Windows original name was interface manager.
3. The full form of CAPTCHA is “Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart” which is to identify you’re human or not.
4. Fun fact, about 80% of pictures on the internet is of naked women’s.
5. The first mobile phone call was made in 1973 by Martin Cooper, a former Motorola inventor.
6. The most common lie on the internet is Yes, I am 18 years old.
7. When you format your hard drive, the files are not deleted.
8. A guy named Chris Putnam wrote a virus for Facebook which rapidly spread across Facebook users and make their profile look like MySpace profiles. Facebook hired him.
9. If they made a Computer as powerful as human brain then it will be able to perform 38 thousand trillion operations per second and store 3584 terabytes of memory. And you still forget where you kept the car keys.
10. Alan Turing, also known as the father of computer science and artificial intelligence is the man who started programming. But unfortunately, he never got the credits he deserved.
11. Only 8 percent of the world’s currency exists as physical cash. Rest exists only on a computer hard drive, in electronic bank accounts around the world.
12. 5 out of every six pages are related to pornography.
13. Windows doesn’t allow for creation of folders tagged CON, PRN, AUX, or NUL. These are keywords reserved by DOS
14. The largest companies like Microsoft, Apple & HP were all started in a garage.
15. Nomophobia is the fear of being without your mobile phone or losing your signal.
16. The full form of COMPUTER is Commonly Operated Machine Particularly used for Technology Education and Research.
Also Read – The history of Android
17. India exports software to about 90 countries.
18. The heaviest computer ever made was IBM 5120 in 1980. The weight was about 105 pounds excluding the 130-pound external floppy drive.
19. Symbolics.com was the first domain name ever registered.
20. 70% of virus developers are employed by the government under contract.