Facts about Flipkart –
1. This brand is not Indian. Legally, Flipkart is not an Indian company since it is registered in Singapore and majority of its shareholders are foreigners. Because foreign companies are not allowed to do multi-brand e-retailing in India, Flipkart sells goods in India through a company called WS Retail
2. Sachin and Binny Bansal are not related.
3. By the time you finish reading this sentence, flipkart would have made sales worth 1 lac rupees.
4. On average, it registers sales worth 25000 rupees per second.
5. These are the following acquisition by Flipkart.com
6. Impress Funder – Flipkart has performed in such a way that funders are funding to keep the business growing stronger. Initial investment by founders to set up business was INR 400,000. But they are funded by-
Also Read – Some computer Tricks & Hacks you never know
- Accel India (US$1 million in 2009).
- Tiger Global (US$10 million in 2010 and US$20 million in June 2011).
- MIH (part of Naspers Group) ($150 million in 24 August 2012).
- Additional $200 million from existing investors including Tiger Global, Naspers, Accel Partners and Iconiq Capital (10 July 2013).
- Private equity investors (USD 160 million in July 2013).
- Dragoneer Investment Group, Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, Sofina SA and Vulcan Inc. with participation from existing investor Tiger Global ($160 million in October 2013).
- Yuri Milner’s DST Global and its existing investors Tiger Global, Naspers and Iconiq Capital ($210 million in 26 May 2014).
- Tiger Global Management LLC, Accel Partners, and Morgan Stanley Investment Management and a new investor Singapore sovereign-wealth fund GIC ($1 billion in 29 July 2014).
7. Recognized AND Awarded-
- Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2012-2013 – Sachin Bansal
- Young Turk of the Year – Flipkart.com
- Indiamart Leaders of Tomorrow Awards 2011 [Nominated] – Flipkart.com
- Second position in the List of the Cheapest Mobile Store 2013 – Flipkart.com
- The most visited website in India 2015 – Flipkart.com