Hide file in image – Now this one’s crazy, yes I’m talking about today’s article. This trick is really amazing and the technique about which I’m gonna write today is called “Steganography”. This is so simple still very interesting trick from which you would be able to send any field to anyone with such great security that it can’t be traced out. What you’re actually doing is that you’re sending a file hidden under an image, so from outside it would look like normal image file under which you can hide your original file and that is sure that no one would be able to take done unless he or she knows about the trick.
A lot of tricks related to hiding files are already been shared on this blog but this one is very unique in its context because on security purposes this one seems to be the most secured. The name of the trick “hide file in image” may be very confusing but the trick to practice is very easy and very enjoyable.
Hide file in image without using any extra software
You can actually hide your stuff inside an image file no matter whatever it is, how big or small the file is, it can be easily stored and shared. By using this you can make your file secure from strangers and nobody would ever imagine that your secret file it hidden under an image.
Below are mentioned the details and steps to apply he trick. Highly Recommended – How to create password protected folder in PC.
Steps to hide file in image without using any software –
1. First of all, you will need to install WinRar App in your Windows PC – Click here to Download.
2. Then create a new folder and copy all the files you want to hide in an image file in that folder.
3. Now right-click on the file and select “Add to archive” option.
4. Now choose the RAR as Archive format.
5. Then assume that you have an image file, rename it to 1 and rename the .RAR file to 2 and copy both 1.jpg and 2.rar to “C”, “D” or “F” drive.
6. Now, open Command Prompt as Admin in your Windows PC.
For Windows XP and 7 – Click on “Start” > All Programs > Accessories then right-click on Command Prompt and tap “Run as Administrator”.
For Windows 8 and 10 – Scroll your mouse to “Start” button [Bottom right corner] and right-click there and choose Command Prompt (Admin) option.
7. After opening, if your files are in F drive and type f: and press enter.
8. Now type this code – copy /b 1.jpg+2.rar 1.jpg and press enter.
9. That’s it you are done. You have successfully hid you files in an image. You can check that you 2.rar has been hidden and the size of the image file [1.jpg] has been increased.
10. If you open the image file then it will get open as other normal images but what if you want to access the files? Below I have shared the steps to access your files.
Steps to access the hidden files –
1. Firstly, open the WinRar App and click on “File” and choose “Open Archive” or press CTRL+O [ Shortcut key 🙂 ].
2. Now move to the location where the image file is saved and choose “All Files” from the menu which is located on bottom right corner.
3. Now you can see your image file simply click on it and you will get all your hidden files just “Extract” them when you want to use them.
4. Hurray! You have successfully got your hidden files.
This was the easiest guide to hide file in image without using any software. Hope you like it.