Today I’m going to share with you How to Archive & Unarchive Messages on Messenger.
Do you want to know, How to Archive & Unarchive Messages on Messenger? If Yes, this will be the most appropriate article for you.
Hello friends, Today I am going to talk about how to archive on messenger and how to unarchive on messenger. So let’s get started.
Facebook Messenger is an instant chat feature that is inbuilt into Facebook. Initially, it was a feature of Facebook, which used to allow the users to chat with anyone in his/her contact friend list.
But after gaining huge popularity amongst the Facebook users, the official team of Facebook launched a dedicated application and website in 2014.
It allows sending the message, images, videos, emojis and many more instantly. In this situation, many times you want to keep your chat or conversation private.
Seeking a solution for this situation, Facebook has launched its archive and unarchive features to give an opportunity for the users to hide their conversation or chat with any person.
This article is dedicated to all those users who are searching for How to Archive & Unarchive Messages on Messenger.
If you are the one, read this article till the end and get all your answers about how to archive messages on messenger or how to unarchive messages on messenger.
Before diving deep inside the topic, let’s discuss what archiving or unarchiving messages actually are?
Archiving or unarchiving the chat is a feature that allows organizing your chat list. You can hide or unhide the specific messages, individual chats or group chat from others so that no one can intrude into your privacy.
What Is an Archive?
The archive feature allows the users to keep a complete record or data in the memory or stored it at an infrequently used place. It can be used when you want to keep your conversation disappear for some moments and when you won’t keep your chat list organized.
It is a much better option in comparison to delete the conversation permanently. Unlike deleting the chat, the users can retrieve the archive chat whenever they require.
There could be multiple reasons for archiving the messenger conversation but yes, it is most useful when you want to organize your chat list or remove the infrequent conversation from your messenger conversation list.
If you want to learn how to archive messages on messenger, continue this article till the end.
What Is an Unarchive?
Unarchiving the conversation in Messenger is just the opposite to archive. It allows the users to bring back the archive messages and make them visible to your regular chat or conversation list.
These features may come into use when you remember to check your old conversation with someone but you have intentionally or unintentionally marked that conversation as an archive.
If you want to learn how to unarchive messages on messenger, follow the below steps.
In the process of learning how to Archive & Unarchive Messages on Messenger first, we will see the methods of archiving the conversation for different platforms.
How to Archive on Messenger Using a Facebook Application (Android Device)?
1. Open messenger application on your android mobile device.
2. Select the chat conversation you want to archive.
3. Tap and hold a conversation in your chat list.
4. Select the archive option and that’s it.
Note: If you have tons of conversations in your chat list and find the specific one is difficult, you type the individual name in the search bar at the top of the messenger app screen.
How to Archive Messages on Messenger Using a Facebook Application (iOS Device)?
If you want to learn How to Archive & Unarchive Messages on Messenger using IOS devices. This is a great platform for you. In this step, we will see the archiving messages on messenger on iPhone or iPad.
1. Open Messenger and find the list of chat threads.
2. Choose the desired conversation you want to archive, slide from right to left to open the menu option.
3. Choose the three-lined menu.
4. Tap on Archive.
5. The selected conversation will be removed from your regular chat list.
How to Archive a Conversation on Facebook Messenger? (Messenger App for Desktop)
You can follow this method when you have to archive the Facebook messenger conversation using the messenger desktop application. It is quite different from the messenger mobile application.
1. Go to www.facebook.com/messages/t/ using your desktop messenger application.
2. Log into your Facebook account using your username and password.
3. Find the conversation that you want to archive.
4. Tap the gear-shaped icon that is visible when you hover over it.
5. Choose the “Archive” option from the dropdown menu.
6. Now you have successfully archived the selected conversation. It won’t appear in your regular chat list.
How to Archive Messages on Messenger on the Computer? (Browser)
1. Use any browsers and open “www.Facebook.com“.
2. Log into your Facebook account.
3. Now look at the top of your screen for the messenger icon.
4. Click on it and you will see a pop-up window at the bottom.
5. Click again on the option “See All in Messenger”.
6. Now you are on the chat screen. Tap on the setting icon that leads to open another dropdown menu.
7. Now click on the “Archive Chats”.
8. Your conversation is now archived and it won’t be visible on your regular chat list.
Now in the continuation of this article “How to Archive & Unarchive Messages on Messenger” we will discuss the methods of how to unarchive in messenger on different devices.
How to Unarchive Messages on Messenger? (Android Devices)
- Open messenger application.
- Log in with your Facebook account.
- Open the chat list.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your chat list.
- Tap on Archived conversations.
- Click on the chat and swipe to the right.
- Select the desired conversation you want to unarchive.
- Tap and hold the specific chat and select “Unarchive” from the given options.
- The users are also allowed to choose to undo, which comes as an alert on the bottom of the screen.
How to Unarchive on Messenger? (iOS Devices)
- Open messenger application on your iPhone or iPad.
- Log into your Facebook application.
- Open your chat list and scroll down to the bottom of it.
- Click on the Archived chats option.
- Now click on the desired chat and slowly swipe to the left.
- Choose the “Unarchive option”.
- Now your entire chat will be shown on your regular chat list.
How to Unarchive in Messenger? (Desktop)
- Open any browser and visit “www.Facebook.com”.
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Now you are on the home page, you will see a message symbol on the top of the taskbar. Just click on that.
- A list of people will appear with whom you have had a conversation.
- Now move your cursor to the top right corner and click on the search messages.
- Type the name of the person or chat you wish to unarchive.
- This is the person which is not available on your chat list prior to this process.
- Click on the drop-down menu above the messages panel.
- Select the “unarchive” option from the drop-down menu.
- Now the selected chat or conversation will be unarchived within a moment and you will be able to see that in your regular chat list.
How to Unarchive Messages on Messenger? (Messenger Desktop Application)
1. Open messenger application on your desktop.
2. Login to your Facebook username and password.
3. Click on the search bar where you can see a three dot icon on the right corner of your screen.
4. Choose your archived chat or conversation from there. Here you will get an unarchived option with all conversations.
5. Select the desired chat and click on the unarchive option.
6. Confirm the action to all the selected archived messages.
Frequently asked questions:
1. What Happens When You Archive Messages on Messenger?
Many messengers have this question. There are multiple changes you will see.
- Archived chats won’t appear in your regular chat list.
- You will receive the messages but they will not visible to you until you unarchived them.
- The chats don’t get deleted permanently but you can retrieve them anytime.
Most of the users use this feature to keep their chat private or to keep their chat list organized and clean. Because archived messages will be stored at infrequency locations.
2. What Happens When You Unarchive the Messages on Messenger?
Unarchiving the chats or messages is required when you intentionally wish to get back the desired conversation into your regular chat list.
- All selected archived messages will be visible in your chat list.
- You will get notified with messages coming in those chats.
- You can view or read all the old messages as it is and continue to chat with that person.
3. How to View Archived Messages on Messenger?
Well, there is no such option in the messenger application which allows you to view the archived messages or chats. So you will need to use any browser on your smartphone or desktop and follow the following steps.
If you are using a mobile application, you can click on the Google chrome setting and choose the desktop mode.
- Visit www.Facebook.com and login to your account.
- Click on the messenger icon at the top.
- On the chat window, tap to see all messenger options.
- Now click on the gear icon and tap on the “hidden messages” option.
- Now reload the pages, you can now view the archived messages there.
4. When to Use Archive Features in Messenger?
This feature is interesting and really useful for some users.
- It allows the users to keep their chat list tidy and organized.
- The users can archive the chat which they don’t use frequently.
- The users can archive the chat when they want to keep their chat with a specific person private.
- This feature can be used, when the user doesn’t want to delete the chat permanently but want to disappear from their main chat list.
5. How to Unarchive Without Replying?
I will tell you the truth that there is no such direct option to unarchive a message without sending a message. All the methods that we have discussed above will bring back the archived chat or conversation.
But you need to open it and reply to it to keep the chat continuing with that person.
Like this post? Could you share it with your friends?
Suggested Read –
- Download Dowa WhatsApp: AntiBan Version (Latest version)
- Download GTA 4 Apk Mobile + OBB for Android (100% Working)
- How to Fix Tinder Oops Something Went Wrong Error
- List of Android Apps to Disable: Useless Apps You Don’t Need
Ending the Article:
Archiving and unarchiving are the wonderful features of the messenger. This article is dedicated to making you understand how to Archive & Unarchive Messages on Messenger?
Being a Facebook user you will have to access all of its features and keeping your privacy is a top concern. So you have to know How to Archive & Unarchive Messages on Messenger?
I hope you have grasped all the points about archiving and unarchiving your conversation on messenger application or its desktop version.
If you are satisfied with the information provided in this article and you found it useful. Do share it with all your friends and the needy one, who is also searching for these questions.