Pin-Unpin-Tweet: Twitter is one of the top rated social networking platforms in the entire world where users can share basically anything, of course, as long as it complies with the community guidelines of the platform.
Usually, Individuals use Twitter to share their views, news, quotes, etc, while on the other hand, Brands use Twitter as a medium to promote their products and reach a wider audience. To explain it in simple manner, a tweet is nothing but a short piece of message which your audience or followers might find interested in.
The platform itself is quite rich in terms of features and based on its utility, the platform has been growing in terms of popularity and user base since its inception. One of the several features that Twitter offers is the ability to pin and unpin a tweet of yours.
This article will guide you through the process of pinning and unpinning a tweet on Twitter. Let’s start off by learning how to pin a tweet first.
How To Pin a Tweet on Twitter:
As an Individual, you can post as many tweets as you want on the platform for your audience or followers to see. But, whenever a new follower or user comes to visit your profile, you might want to have one of your best tweets showcased on your profile.
Note: Please keep in mind that if you’re planning to pin a tweet when there’s already a pinned tweet available, then the existing pinned tweet will be replaced with the new one without any confirmation.
Here are the exact steps that you need to follow to pin a tweet on your Twitter profile :-
For PC Users:
1. Go to the official Twitter site using a web browser on your PC.
2. Sign in to your Twitter account by entering account credentials on the platform.
3. Go to your profile and select a tweet that you wish to pin on your profile.
4. Click on the “Down Arrow” symbol located right next to your tweet to open further options.
5. Select “Pin To Your Profile” option from the list and and select “PIN” option in the pop up to confirm.
That’s all, the selected tweet will be pinned to your profile. The pinned tweet will appear first whenever a person visits your profile on Twitter.
For Smartphone Users:
1. Download Twitter from the App Store or Google Play Store if you haven’t already.
2. Open the app and login into your Twitter account by entering the correct details.
3. Navigate to your Twitter Profile by tapping on your profile picture in the app.
4. Now find and select a pin that you want to be pinned to your Twitter profile.
5. Tap on the “Down arrow” located on the top of your tweet and select “Pin To Profile” option.
6. If you receive a pop up, simply select “PIN” to confirm the action. Done!!
When you tap on the down arrow and open up its context menu, you may find “Pin” or “Pin to your Profile” depending on the device you’re using i.e Android or iOS.
How To Unpin a Tweet On Twitter:
So, when you end up pinning a tweet, the selected tweet will appear on the top of your Twitter profile. After a certain period of time, you might want to remove the tweet or just remove it altogether. In order to do so, you must know how to unpin the tweet. The following steps would be enough to help you with the process.
For PC Users:
• As usual, visit the Twitter website and sign in to your account.
• Go to your Twitter profile in order to find the pinned tweet.
• Now click on the “Down Arrow” appearing right next to the pinned tweet.
• Select the “Unpin” or “Unpin” tweet option from the list to proceed further.
• Confirm the unpin by clicking on the “Unpin” option in the pop up window.
For Smartphone Users:
• Launch the Twitter app on your smartphone.
• Enter your account credentials to sign in to your Twitter account.
• Tap on your Profile pic and move to the profile menu in the app.
• Locate your pinned tweet on the profile and Tap on “Down Arrow” option.
• In the confirmation pop up, select Unpin option and you’re done!!
Ending the Article:
That’s pretty much you have to do in order to pin or unpin a tweet on Twitter. Hopefully, the steps and information provided in the article would turn out to be helpful for those who aren’t aware of the process of pinning or unpinning tweets on the platform.
Just in case if you face any issues or have queries in respect to this article, let us know in the comment section below.