Secret behind success of WhatsApp –
1. We bought into it because it’s something that telephone providers should have done but didn’t. Why should SMS cost money when I have an unlimited data plan? SMS is data. I don’t care how it’s implemented, it’s a few hundred bytes of data and if you are telling me I need to pay 10 cents for it when I have a 5 gigabytes data plan already, I’m sorry. I blocked all SMS messages on my plan a long time ago. Not because I can’t afford 10 cents, but because the pricing concept is downright wrong. Also, it’s often upwards of 100 Rs. For international messages, which is stupidly expensive.
2. One of the secret behind WhatsApp success is its features. Like Last Seen, Display Picture, a double tick. The double tick concept is really very nice and unique, it will show a single tick once it is delivered from your end and double thick when it’s received by the other user. Another biggest feature of WhatsApp is “Status”, in such a small mobile application the feature like Facebook have [status] is really very great. All these features makes WhatsApp stand out from other chat applications. However, other applications are now coming up with the same features, learning from WhatsApp.
3. Specially during the festive days, you have to pay higher SMS charges even though you have the “SMS Pack” subscribed, frustrated the users. And all you need to access WhatsApp was an internet connection. Share photo for free even on a Diwali Day.
6. MSN was dying, Facebook was loosing its market, Gtalk signs itself off whenever I lose reception and doesn’t sign back in, and depends on you having their Gtalk contact added and approved. WhatsApp has none of these issues.
7. One more thing that WhatsApp is very simple to use and contains no annoying ads, you don’t need to be super intelligent to access WhatsApp.
8. It was super smart move of mark zuckerburg to acquire whatsapp, although he given away a Staggering amount of $19 billion but that’s nothing as compared to WhatsApp’s popularity.