Hide Chat In WhatsApp
- Hide Chat In WhatsApp
- Methods to hide chat in WhatsApp –
- Steps to hide chat in WhatsApp –
- Steps to hide chats in WhatsApp –
- Steps to use Privacy Screen –
- Ending the Article –
Almost everything related to WhatsApp is awesome but have you ever noticed that there is something which is off about WhatsApp and that is privacy. Many won’t accept this but WhatsApp has to work on our privacy and from that I mean they can simply come with hiding chat feature so we can hide our chats from snoopers.
Doesn’t that sound important? Just imagine your personal chats are being read by someone else, and you feel embarrassed in front of him or her. Now does it sounds like your cup of tea?
Till now, you may have seen hiding chats feature in Hike messenger, but today in this article I am going to show you the simplest method to hide chat in WhatsApp.
Most of the Android tricks requires root access, but this method doesn’t force you to root your Android. That sounds great already!
Methods to hide chat in WhatsApp –
There are two different methods to hide chat in WhatsApp. You can read both of them and apply the one more compatible for you
In this method, I am going to use an App called GBWhatsApp. You may already know this App. It has hell lot of features which the original version fails to provide us. Let’s have a check on them.
Salient Features –
- Download anyone’s story/status.
- 1234+ themes.
- Customizable fonts, header, chat screen, homepage, etc.
- You can send upto 90 images and a video of 900 Mb.
- Can show fake last seen.
- View photos without downloading it.
There are many features, but I had only included the best features.
Steps to hide chat in WhatsApp –
1. First of all, take the backup of your chats from Settings > Chats > Backup.
2. Uninstall the original WhatsApp which is installed on your Android.
3. Now, Download & Install GBWhatsApp in your Android.
4. Do the Sign in the process by entering your number, name, and OTP.
5. Afterward, select the chat which you want to hide and click on the 3 vertical dots (options).
6. Select the “hide” option, and it will ask you to enter a pattern.
7. Create an excellent pattern.
8. That’s it, and you have successfully hidden the WhatsApp chat.
9. To open the chat, click on WhatsApp logo which is located on the top left corner.
10. Enter the pattern which you selected earlier.
11. It will show the list of hidden chats.
How To Unhide Chat –
To remove the chat from hidden mode follow the below steps.
1. Select the chat by holding it in the hidden mode.
2. Click on the 3 vertical dots (options).
3. Select the “Mark Chat as Visible” option.
4. It’s done, now your chat is back to normal mode.
Also Read – How To Send Fake Location In WhatsApp On Android
In this method, I am going to use the original WhatsApp and its newly launched feature.
Steps to hide chats in WhatsApp –
1. Firstly, open the WhatsApp and select the chat by holding it.
2. Click on “Archive Chat” option which is located on right corner of the screen.
3. Now the chat will be filtered in “Archived Chats” section.
4. Scroll down in WhatsApp chats, and there you will see an “Archived Chats” section.
5. Click on it, and you will be able to see your achieved/hidden chat.
How To Unarchive Chat –
1. Open the “Archived Chat” section.
2. Now open the chat which you want to unarchive.
3. Select the chat by holding it and choose the “Unarchive Chat” option.
4. As usual, the chat will go to the top of your WhatsApp screen.
These were the two methods to hide your WhatsApp chat in Android.
I have also found an another great App for your WhatsApp privacy. While traveling to a place or in a public place, we found many prying eyes which are very interested in peeping into our screen secretly.
But what if I say you can block those people from peeping into your screen?
Yes, it is possible by using an App called Privacy Screen. This App mainly focuses on protecting our privacy from those people. It has many features and supports Apps like WhatsApp. Facebook, Instagram etc.
It is only of 4 MB and it is rated 4.2 stars on Google Playstore.
Now you may be thinking how the App works? When you turn on the App, it will add a privacy shade on your screen. You can adjust the App to the specific part of the screen. If you are still confused then check the below screenshot to clear your doubts.
It will add a black shade in the sensitive information screen area, and no one except you will be able to read it. You can adjust the brightness from lowest to full.
Steps to use Privacy Screen –
1. First of all, Download and Install Privacy Screen in your Android smartphone.
2. Open the App, and it will ask you to select the screen area, set according to your need.
3. Click on the 3 horizontal line (hamburger options).
4. From there you can set the screen area and brightness.
Video Tutorial –
Trick to Hide chat in WhatsApp works like Hike Messenger –
Yes, the above benefits can be also be taken in Hike Messenger. So, now all of your worries related to chat snooping on booth WhastApp and hike will be solved.
As far the tutorial is concerned, the particular features in GB WhatsApp is insipid from Hike itself.
Ending the Article –
This was the full fledged article on hiding your WhatsApp chat, in bonus I have also added the way to protect your privacy in public places. All 3 methods are safe to use.
Hence, was the post on hide chat in Whatsapp. I hope you liked the post. Feel free to comment your reviews in the comment box.