Today I’m going to show you how to download IRCTC for PC absolutely free.
There would hardly be any traveller who isn’t familiar with IRCTC, the Indian behemoth that handles railway ticket bookings and associated travel bookings.
IRCTC is the most popular, in fact monopoly in making railway bookings in India. It is the one stop portal for railway ticketing to railway catering.
IRCTC provides the most convenient and easiest way to book train tickets in India.
There are multiple ways through which a user can book train tickets via IRCTC.
Here in this article, we’ll show you the ways to download IRCTC for PC. To do it, just follow the methods described below about IRCTC app download for PC using emulators.
Technical Details of IRCTC for PC:
|App Name||IRCTC for PC|
|Category||Travel and Local|
|Operating System||Windows 7 and above or Mac|
|Required Permissions||Camera, Location, Microphone, Telephone, Storage, Network and Others|
Features of IRCTC for PC:
To make every traveler happy, this holistic ticket booking platform is loaded with a handful of features to provide better services for the customers. Once check these and go for the IRCTC for PC download.
- The UI of the app looks simple, clean and easy to operate
- Minimalistic two page registration process
- Manage your account and transactions easily from the dashboard
- Generate a self assigned pin and access your account quickly
- Enquire for trains, view routes and check the availability of seats without login
- Do faster and hassle free transactions with integrated IRCTC e-wallet
- Accepts various payment modes like BHIM, UPI and Net-banking etc
- Link your aadhaar and avail upto 12 ticket bookings in a month
- You can also book tickets via the official website of IRCTC
- View the status of train and e-tickets booked through authorized travel agents
- Supports Google talk back feature
- Cancel and get a refund or file TDR of train tickets booked
- Forgot user ID option allows you to recover the identity
- Book your meal, opt for onboard cleaning within the app
- Asks feedback about the experience after fulfilling your journey
Other built-in facilities like boarding point change, vikalp scheme, master passengers list and support for tatkal, premium tatkal etc.
Requirements of Emulators to Work on PCs:
To run the above explained Android emulators seamlessly. Your PC should be structured with these recommended specifications.
- If you are a Microsoft user, upgrade your Windows to the latest versions.
- The processor assembled in your pc either Intel or AMD should be multi core with a single thread benchmark score > 1000.
- Graphics of either Intel, Nvidia or others should receive the benchmark score >= 750.
- A storage space free of 4 to 5 GB with a RAM of at least 4 GB or higher is recommended to run the emulators at any limitations.
- Turn on virtualization before installing emulators.
If all the above requirements are fulfilled by your PC, go ahead to use any of the Android apps or high end games smoothly and seamlessly.
Note: IRCTC train booking app does not charge any convenience fee for bookings!
How to Download IRCTC for PC using BlueStacks:
It is a downloadable software developed to provide a virtual Android experience on Windows PCs and Macs. It is faster and is very well optimized to handle high end apps and games hassle free. Checkout the procedure detailed below about the IRCTC app download for PC using BlueStacks.
- First, redirect to the official site of BlueStacks by using the link provided: Download.
- You’ll see a download button on the home page, proceed with it.
- An installer file with format ‘.exe’ will save on your device.
- Open the downloads folder, select it and double click on the file run installation process.
- Read and accept user agreement. After that, hit the install button and wait for sometime.
- Run the setup and login to your Google account for enabling Play services.
- After successful login, head to BlueStacks home screen.
- There you’ll see a Play Store icon which is pre-installed. Please, click on it.
- Type IRCTC in the search bar and hit scan. Pick the right one from the appeared search results and install.
- Finally, move to My Games tab and launch the installed app directly from BlueStacks.
That’s it, register and activate your IRCTC account to book railways tickets anywhere in India at your fingertips. With the built-in advanced features in IRCTC, check the train status, route, seats availability, arrival and departure time and many more.
Here below we’ve mentioned another method about IRCTC download for pc using a robust emulator called Nox Player.
How to Download IRCTC for Windows using Nox Player:
It is perfect for ultimate gameplay. Majority of gamers around the world prefer Nox because of its superior performance and smart features. Read the steps described below about IRCTC for Windows using Nox Player.
- Use the link and visit the official site of Nox Player: Download.
- Hit the download button on the homepage to save an installer file.
- Let it run for sometime. Now, move to a specific folder containing that file.
- Select it and press enter to run the installation process.
- After successful installation, finish the setup and login to your Google account for enabling Play services.
- First start may take time to set up everything in the background.
- When done, head to the main screen and click on the Play Store icon as it comes pre-installed
- Type IRCTC in the search bar and hit enter. View the appeared results and install the app.
- Now, the installed app icon will appear on the home screen. Select it and press enter to launch from Nox Player.
Finally, you are ready to use the IRCTC mobile app on the surface of Nox. Maximise the screen and experience everything like a pro. With the latest update, ticket booking is made very easy. Just swipe-shuffle, select and book PNR.
What are you waiting for, install this smart tool and plan your trip comfortably.
IRCTC Web Portal:
- If you want to directly browse the IRCTC portal on PC you can use the IRCTC Web portal directly on your PC.
- Yes, the IRCTC Web portal allows travelers to book tickets directly from their PC.
- All you need to do is head over to the IRCTC Web portal from your browser or click here.
- Sign up for an account and you can book tickets instantly.
- If you have an account already, you can login into it and plan for your journey.
From all the above lines and methods, you guys have understood the use of IRCTC app and how to download IRCTC for PC using emulators. Continue the rest of the article to know more about the features of IRCTC app for PC.
Alternatives to IRCTC for PC:
1. Where is my train – similar to IRCTC, it is another popular app that displays live train status, timetables, and up-to-date schedules even without the internet or GPS. Yes, the app uses cell towers and provides information during the entire journey.
It needs the internet only outside the train. This astonishing feature in ‘Where is my train’ has shown its importance to users. This helps in saving battery and days usage.
The app is available in 8 different Indian languages. Get seat/berth positions from PNR, coach positions of trains, arrival and departure times, upcoming stations, platform numbers for boarding within the app.
One of the best things about the ‘Where is my train’ app is an ad-free interface. With over 100M+ downloads and 4.4 exceptional ratings based on 2M+ positive reviews, the app is placed on top of the ‘Travel and Local’ category.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Where can I check my ticket in the IRCTC app?
Open the app and head to the dashboard. Click on My Bookings and view the ticket you booked in the IRCTC app.
2. Does it charge any convenience fee for booking a ticket?
No, it does not charge any convenience fee for booking tickets for your journey. Just pay the ticket amount.
3. How to download and install Box Player?
Navigate to the official site of Nox from the above link and proceed with the download button. Double click on the file to run the installation.
4. Can I get a refund amount for cancelled tickets?
Yes, once you cancel the tickets you booked, the refund amount will be credited instantly or within 2 business days.
5. What are the payment modes offered by IRCTC?
The app accepts various payment modes like BHIM, UPI and Net-banking etc.
6. What is the Vikalp scheme in IRCTC app?
It provides an option to avail confirmed berths / seats in alternate trains to the waitlisted passengers.
Like this post? Could you share it with your friends?
Suggested Read –
- Download Mitra for PC: Step by Step Installation Guide
- Download MPL for PC: Step by Step Installation Guide
- Download Gradeup for PC: Step by Step Installation Guide
- Download AnyBooks for PC: Step by Step Installation Guide
Ending the Article:
Everyone prefers awful and safest journeys with at least minimum comforts like good meals, seating availability, time of journey etc.
Also, apps like these make the process simple in booking tickets via online, providing live status of trains and other travel related services at your fingertips.
Just relax at home and plan your journeys beautifully.